Please login and complete the two step application process. Approval from both parties is needed to view contact details.
Curriculum Development Specialist
Beijing, China- Gulou
VIPKID is an online learning service provider, focusing on English education for elementary school children ages 5-12. VIPKID combines the quality of top American online content providers with the exclusivity of one-on-one classes with a foreign teacher – all from the comfort of the student’s home.
Curriculum Development Supervisor, Head of Education
To support the analysis, planning, creation, and evaluation of curriculum development projects
The Curriculum Specialist supports the overall planning, design, and development of course content and assessments for the VIPKID learning system. The Curriculum Specialist coordinates curriculum innovation, design, and research, and ensures the development and maintenance of the highest quality courses. The Curriculum Specialist assists in large-scale projects which include book creation and printing, educational computer game design, teacher resources, teacher training, and more. The Curriculum Specialist works with an international team including graphic designers, information technologists, education professionals, and administrative staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assists in the development of objectives, outcomes, content scope, and sequence for projects
2. Creates content and activities for student textbooks; aligns textbooks to US Common Core State Standards
3. Works with graphic designer to create high-quality, attractive products
4. Assists parent services and marketing by providing information regarding curriculum and course structures
5. Assists in the creation of teacher training on curriculum development and competency-based instruction.
6. Assists in the creation of informational sessions for parents regarding education and child development
7. Works with a team to design concepts for educational computer games; works with flash designers to reach high level of quality
8. Assists in the development of materials to support teachers before, during, and after class
1. Excellent spoken and written English language ability
2. China-based experience in the ESL curriculum development field
3. China-based experience teaching ESL students ages 5-10
4. Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
5. Knowledge of subject matter, pedagogy, and curriculum design
6. Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills
8. Strong interpersonal, leadership, and motivational skills
9. Ability to maintain educational principles while satisfying customers
Benefits and Compensation:
1. Competitive salary dependent on experience (18-35k before tax)
2. Extensive, accredited professional development opportunities.
3. Energetic, collaborative, flexible work culture
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and state that you saw this job post from JingJobs.
Use this QR code to share this job with other people. It links directly to this job!